Ringback tones and ringtones allow users to customize their cellphones with music and other sounds of their choice, but there is one very big difference between them. While you can download and store ringtones on your phone or computer, you cannot download ringback tones. Ringback tones are stored on your carrier’s computers, a nd your carrier implements the ringback tone feature.
Choose Ringback Tones for Your Phone
- Sign up for your cellphone provider’s ringback tone service. This usually requires you to consent to a monthly subscription fee in addition to the fee associated with each ringback tone. Both fees are typically nominal, though they can add up fast.
- Browse through your favorite musical categories to find artists and songs you like. Some pages display the most popular or featured ringback tones to help you choose tones that are currently in fashion.
- Consider what type of ringback tone you want. Choosing popular songs, movie themes, college songs and messages from celebrities are all options.
- Buy ringback tones you like with one click. You don’t have to supply a credit card or other form of payment. Your ringback tones and your subscription fee will be included in your monthly cellphone bill.
- Manage ringback tones in your account setting on your service provider’s website. You can assign different ringback tones to different times of the day or days of the week, pick specific callers to hear the tones and change your default sound.